Thursday, November 13, 2008

Week 4 - RSS

I must admit that setting up my RSS with Bloglines was a bit of a struggle. While the RSS itself was easy to set up I had difficulty thinking of websites to use. Thankfully the suggestions from the Learning 2.0 activities were a good start. I choice the Powerhouse museum picture of the day blog, Librarybytes, ABS for Librarians, a google news feed and fellow colleague's blog (I found this an easier way to follow her updates as opposed to following in blogger). I can see how RSS feeds would be useful in staying up to date with news etc, however it is possible to be inundated with news articles if the RSS is not accessed regularly. I can see that RSS would be useful fro libraries to access updates easily without needing to go to multiple websites to check for updates. Likewise the library could create a RSS feed for its website so that library clients could quickly access any new information regarding the library.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

I like rss feeds because they wait til I have time to read them ... unlike the email that grabs my attention constantly.
Mylee (PLS)